Friday, March 30, 2012

Operation: Feel Better: Weeks 3 & 4

I am always a week behind in everything in life, so why not one more thing, right? Week 3 went well, another trip to Bath & Body Works for some shopping after a hair appointment with my teenage daughter. It was nice to get her out, do something nice for her (this was only her 2nd EVER professional hair cut, she was in hair heaven!) and spend money on ourselves. I bought more of the Energy aromatherapy line, this time a wallflower plug in, and got some AMAZING deals and freebies to boot!

Week 4 brought me some crazy mood swings, CRAZY mood swings. What am I saying? This last month has been one major mood swing! I decided enough was enough and I was done with this cycle. The longer I let it go on, the more mood swings I have to deal with. And when I say I, I actually mean my family. So for their sake since I love them so much, I decided to end this cycle with Prometrium I found in my TTC drawer. I decided I was going to bust out the big guns and take 400mgs for 5 days and call it good. Mainly because it is what I had on hand. I am on day 5 of 5, which means the wicked witch will be here tomorrow evening or sometime the next morning.

Plans for this next cycle? Since I did see and feel significant changes in my moods while on the Licorice Root supplement, I plan on continuing that when a new cycle starts. It is one that apparently I need to research more as it has me apprehensive about long term use. I have read that it is to be taken like Clomid for only 5 days of the cycle. My research shows that long term use can lead to blood pressure problems. I certainly don't need any of that! Although 5 days is just going to be enough to get my moods great, then drop them again? Am I going to be self inducing another massive mood swing? Guess we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment