Monday, March 19, 2012

Operation: Feel Better: Week 2.....Rocked!!

We finally kicked the flu bug in our house, although it lasted far longer for Miss Emma then it did for me. Luckily for our family, that is as far as the flu bug traveled. I am extremely grateful for that! Mood wise I am still not seeing much changes, despite the weekly Vitamin D supplementing. I am having massive mood swings and if you were to see my temp chart, you would see how erratic my temps are, which is a clear indication of what the hormones are doing. Up and down, up and down. For the individual dealing with these severe swings, it is draining, and for the loved ones and people around said individuals dealing with these swings, again draining! Something has gotta change, NOW! So I am back on the hunt for something to mellow out my hormones so I don't feel like there is a monster inside me switching my mood every 20 minutes. One minute it is happy, then mad, then depressed, then back to happy, then to lovey, back to mad, then to needing a ton of affection/attention. My goodness, how can this NOT be exhausting?? 



My sanity reached a breaking point last weekend and for the sake of myself and everyone around me, I planned a "Mom's day of running away." I started off with a lunch date with a friend, whom I haven't seen or spent one-on-one time with in a long time! We went to our usual favorite restaurant and filled each other in on what we have missed over the months. It was great to have some adult conversation. Instead of going home after lunch I took myself to Barnes and Nobles for a mocha, by myself! I also took a few minutes to just browse books, something I would not have been able to do had I had my children with me. 



Next stop, Bath and Body Works! I had coupons and I LOVE everything about Bath and Body Works. It is like aroma sensory overload at times but scents have a calming affect on me. It was past time to soak up all the calming I can get. And that I did! It was very nice just being able to browse and sniff all there was to sniff without someone rushing me out the door or tugging on my britches to inform me that an emergency potty break is in order. I spent far more then I normally would have on myself, but if you add up all the years where I have neglected myself, I figured I was making up for lost time. I am in love with the Aromatherapy line and now have all they offer, with my favorite scent being Orange Ginger. Mmmmm, yummy. And when I find myself getting pissed at the world or needing a moment of escape a few spritz of that spray takes me there. 



Last but not least, a stop in at Victoria's Secret! Again I had coupons galore and had every intention on browsing and taking my time. I even approached a customer service gal for a bra fitting. Ahhhh! Anyone who knows me knows this is completely out of character for me as I tend to avoid ALL associates at all costs. Although, I felt like a princess when all the energy and attention was devoted to me, in finding the right size, right fit, and right style of bra. I can honestly say, that was a first ever experience for me. It was fantastic and I walked away again spending far more on myself then I normally would have, BUT I got 2 gorgeous and properly fitting bras, a free pair of panties and 2 mystery amount Gift Cards that I find out there value on the 1st. So what does that mean? Why another solo trip to Victoria's Secret, of course!!! 



What was the cherry on top for this week? Remember my friend Maria over at Life, Loss and Other Things and the OvaCue giveaway she was doing? Well guess who won one of the monitors? Yep, that would be ME!!! I am beyond stoked, but there are some bittersweet feelings that come with this win. Since I don't ovulate on my own, this monitor is only going to tell me what I already know, I don't ovulate. LOL I do have to say though, winning this monitor has now given me that small glimmer of hope and perseverance again. Since I am already on the search for something to help mellow my hormones, ovulation may just be a great potential side effect and having this monitor will show me far more then my thermometer ever could. 

3 comments:

  1. awww so happy that you won a monitor!!!! I'm not sure if your still active on Babyfit right now but I thought I would say hi! (My user name is kasonsmomma82 on BF :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you a message on BF. I do lurk there and pipe in when I can be of help, but nothing more then that really. Hi!! :) I am super stoked to give this monitor a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that someone I "know" won! That is always an extra bonus for me! I hope that it helps you!

    ReplyDelete