Saturday, June 2, 2012

You're Doing What!?!??!

Things seem to be fairly stagnant for my body right now, although it made a small attempt at gearing up to ovulate the other day, just enough of an effort to get my hopes up. Of course, that reality came crashing down real fast. Whatever, it is what it is. My mind has far more important things to think about then another failed attempt at ovulating.

What, you may ask? Well, call it a mid life crisis or another item on my bucket list that needs scratched off, but I have decided to compete in a Bikini & Physique Competition. (think sexy body building competition where the goal is still look feminine but in great shape.) It is something that I have always wanted to do, even back when I was 14. I have always been into health & fitness! My first job I worked at an exercise equipment store with my Dad and went to many body building competitions. I fell in love with it then. The thing that got me motivated was watching a little petite gal, no taller then me win the competition. Now, let me put this disclaimer out there before anybody else has the same reaction that my husband did. I DO NOT want to beef up, bulk out or in any way shape or form, look like a dude! I want to tone what I have, which is already VERY tone, and show it off. As I told my husband, I want to still look like a princess in a dress, but one that nobody will want to mess with! Something has recently flipped in my body and instead of struggling to LOSE weight, at this time I am struggling to KEEP it on! I had a similar experience prior to getting pregnant with Emma, my doctor at the time claimed I was burning more then what I was consuming. Which very well could be what is going on, with the way I have been go-go-going these days.  Why not run with it while my body is cooperating? So, first step in completing a goal is setting your goal and getting it out there. My goal is........by this time next year I will have competed in my first (maybe last?) Bikini and Physique Competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment