Thursday, October 27, 2011

Well, well, well.....

isn't that how the cookie crumbles? Since my last post I did decide to give Clomid another try and all seemed to be going well. It appeared as though I was gearing up to ovulate, just like clockwork. (MY clock work anyways) That was, until it was time for the temp shift, and there was no rise. Not even a tiny one, nope, instead my temp went down. So did my level of Hope. Each day I have been waiting for my temp to shoot up and with each passing day I am getting more and more discouraged. I am now on cycle day 24, 17 days past my last Clomid dose. I need to get out of my denial stage and face the music that this cycle is a bust. Even with my apprehensions of wanting to move forward with this cycle, I was still hoping to have at least half a chance. Not this time. So plan is at this point to wait this cycle out for a few more days in which I will then fax my charts to my dr, he will determine if I ovulated or not (but at this point it doesn't even take an experienced chart reader to know I haven't) and I will without a doubt, have to start Provera to induce a period. Next cycle I am sitting it out!!!! I need a break, a break emotionally, from artificial hormones in my body and time for all of these hormones to LEAVE my body. My husband is now going to get to experience just a bit of what I have gone through in the last 3 and a half years! Testing!!! (haha, love you baby!) He is very reluctant of any testing, so I know this is going to be like pulling teeth from a gator. Although what he doesn't realize is, this test won't be painful one bit. Oh no, far from that actually! His test actually involves pleasure, go figure! At this point, after hubby's sperm analysis, I don't know where we will be going after that. The game plan was to do 3 cycles of Clomid, in which I ovulate (we have 2 out of 3, so a good start???) then if no pregnancy we will have hubby tested. So, it is all a guessing game of where we will be going next, until I talk with my doctor in 4 days. I have a feeling this was my last cycle on Clomid before we turn to Femara. I have major apprehensions about Femara and pursuing further infertility meds and costs. I guess we will cross that bridge once we get here. In the meantime, I am just passing the time until I find out my next steps.

3 comments:

  1. I made my dh get that testing :) He was sooo mad at me and well I got a story to tell you but don't tell Lance,LOL. It was quite the experience at the fertility clinic!!! I am so happy to see you posting and moving forward in a good direction. With you all the way girl *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. (hugs) Laura. I hope all goes well with Lance's testing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm a week and a half behind, but I would like to encourage you to try Femara. Clomid never worked for me. I couldn't ovulate on it and had absolutely awful side effects.

    With Femara, I ovulated. Then when we upped my dose to 5mg (2nd level) I not only ovulated on CD15, I got pregnant! This was after almost 7 years of marriage and 3 1/2 years of actively TTCing.

    Also, if you are concerned about the Femara cost, it wasn't much more expensive than Clomid for me. Since it is traditionally a cancer medication, my insurance covered most of it. I just had my normal co-pay to pay, which was even cheaper with the generic version (which is the version I happened to get pregnant on).

    Anyhow, I just wanted to send you hugs and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete